Some thoughts

Laying out my mind sometimes..

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone

One of my classmates mentioned this today and it surely got me thinking "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." The director of my previous college also insisted upon leaving the protected cocoon and coming out into the world. We may think about these as mere statements or we may not pay any heed to them at all. But on a little bit of introspection it can be said that the statement truly makes some sense. First it is very important to mention what is comfort zone? For me it is any protected environment or an unknown situation or territory. This is not constant throughout life, it keeps changing with time and is different for different people.

As kids, here I am only referring to Indian kids of middle and high income group families we are brought up like delicate darlings. How far will we remain like that? For some of us it ends when we become adults this would be when we turn 18 years old. But there are few lucky ones who remain so for much longer. I am saying this only out of personal experience.

How long can life be about trivial fights among friends or showing off among the peers? Till when will can one think about his/her superficial reputation that too among people who are anyways judgmental? Well I don't have an answer to any of the questions, however this in no way means that I am not troubled by them.

As far as my individual experiences go, yes I have had most of my learning experiences after I dared to come out of my comfort zone. This may be changing cities or living outside home or even handling situations at home which were unknown for me. My comfort zones changed with time and situations and I only learnt once I had the courage to leave the comfort zone whether permanently or temporarily. Thinking about the title statement is like crossing a maze in the mind. Every time I think I am nearing the answer I am thrown back to think more and reflect more.

No comments:

Post a Comment